French Provincial Sheildback Dining Chair Toile Fabric
Style and look
This shield back design is a classic French dining chair. It has Louis XV furniture features including carved molding, cabriole legs, floral motifs and scroll feet. Painted white it offers a Hamptons feel, in walnut timber a more formal and semi-formal look.
Material and finish
This classic French provincial dining chair is carved in Italy and finished and upholstered in our Sydney furniture workshop to suit your dining room. The chair is made from quality European beech, the traditional material for French chairs, to allow for the finest carving details. We also offer a fine selection of Louis XV European beech rectangular French dining tables that would look lovely with this chair.
Fabric and upholstery
The shield back can be fully upholstered in a fabric of your choosing or in cane. We can supply fabric samples and our designer can visit your home to give design options that match and enhance your current interior. You can also send a photo of your interior to help us select the best fabric for your dining chairs.
- Timber or painted finish available
- Carved in Italy from European beech timber
- Any fabric, various upholstery options soft, medium, firm
- Hand polished so we can match your original table or other furniture items
- Our finish has a soft antique patina effect so that the areas that are recessed have more stain and the surface areas are lighter, this gives a sense of depth that no factory finish can achieve
- Cane back available